Here’s a yummy one for the whole family! A holiday twist on a timeless classic.
What you need:
3 tbl butter
1 10oz package of marshmallows
1 box of Rice Crispy cereal
cooking spray or vegetable oil
10-20 snap close plastic easter eggs (any size, but keep in mind, the larger they are the more you can do with the molds!)
What to do:
- Lightly rub oil on the inside of the eggs with a paper towel, or spray the insides with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter on low heat.
- Mix in the entire package of marshmallows and stir until melted completely.
- Remove the marshmallow cream from the heat and mix in 6 cups of rice crispy cereal with a spatula.
- Press the rice crispy treat mix into each half of the eggs, adding m&m’s. You can get creative with the m&m’s, adding themto the egg first to have them on the outside, or to the middle to make yummy surprise centers! Don’t worry about over filling the eggs slightly. Larger eggs can be molded to make hollow centers to hold more candy.
- Helpful tip: Rub oil on your finger tips to keep the mix from sticking to your fingers.
- Press the halves of the eggs together, pressing together tightly. Remove any excess rice crispy that comes out of the edges.
- Let the eggs sit for a few minutes to cool off and harden.
- Open the eggs, remove treats and enjoy!